Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Intro to me

Hi,

My name is Nikki and I'm working to major in Graphic Design. I have applied for transfer in fall of '09 to Cal Poly SLO and SDSU. I've taken a range of classes dealing with the Adobe products and have loved every one of them thus far. I hope that by being in two online classes I'll be able to keep up a bit better than trying to schedule my life around a set time to go to class. I'm taking three "studio" classes this semester: InDesign-online, Illustrator-online, and Design and Color-on campus.

I work full time at Party City in Encinitas, and I do custom invitations and banners from a program called Inscribe. It's not all that hard, but I feel it's a good step in the right direction to getting me some experience in working with customers and figuring out design elements.

I'm a really upbeat person, and love to have fun with text and colors, almost to the point where I over use them. I love working with the cool color pallet but am trying to bust out of that comfort zone and work with colors I usually don't.

I really don't know what else to say so I guess that's it.

Here's a photo of me taken at Disneyland recently and I guess it's my personality in a nutshell:

No comments:

Post a Comment